Home Assistant stuff
This page is for recording stuff I find out about Home Assistant that wasn't immediately obvious from the documentation in the hope that it will help someone else. 😀
I'm running my instance of Home Assistant on on a Raspberry Pi 4 so most of the stuff is going to be related to HomeassistantOS.
Setting a Static IP
After trying to follow the instructions on Github it turns out that there is a far simpler way for us newbies using HomeassistantOS and I guess Home Assistant Supervised.
- Fire up Home Assistant - http://ip-address:8123.
- Go to the Supervisor.
- Go to "System" at the top of the page.
- In the "Host" card select "change" next to IP Address.
- On the Network Settings card choose the IPV4 option.
- Select the "Static" radio button
- Change the IP address on the line headed IP address/Netmask
- Press the "Save" option at the bottom of the card.
- Restart Home Assistant.
- Test the new IP address - http://new-ip-address:8123
Thats it! No messing about with the command line interface and nmcli
PS. I'll sort some pictures when I get a few moments.